Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn the blink of an eye, in a busy Brazilian marketplace, a small boy disappears without a trace ...His mother's free-living existence, travelling South America with her lover and son, comes to a sudden, brutal end. Two years later, broken from searching for her missing son, Nacio, and desolate at her lover's departure, Lara returns to her childhood home on the southwest coast of Ireland. As she struggles to come to terms with her loss, Lara once again befriends Christy, her childhood sweetheart, who finds himself increasingly drawn to her bohemian nature. But what starts as an interest in her past grows into an obsession. As Lara tries to piece her life back together, never losing hope for Nacio, Christy begins to fall apart. Longshore Drift is a tale of passion and betrayal, of the consequences of searching for love in all the wrong places, and of a heartbroken mother's unswerving conviction that her child will be returned to her - even when all hope seems to be gone.
- Author BiographyKaren Gillece was born in Dublin in 1974. She studied Law at University College Dublin and worked for several years in the telecommunications industry before turning to writing full-time. She was shortlisted for the Hennessy New Writing Award in 2001 and her short stories have been widely published in literary journals and magazines. Her first novel Seven Nights in Zaragoza was published to widespread acclaim. Longshore Drift is her second novel.
- Author(s)Karen Gillece
- PublisherHachette Books Ireland
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Out-of-print date26/02/2016
- Weight400 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.