All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs he did in the acclaimed Finishing the Hat, Sondheim richly antates his lyrics with personal and theatre history, discussions of his collaborations, and exacting, charming dissections of his work - both the successes and the failures. Picking up where he left off in Finishing the Hat, he gives us all the lyrics, along with cutouts and early drafts, to the Pulitzer Prize-winning Sunday in the Park with George, as well as Into the Woods, Assassins, and Passion. Here too is an in-depth look at Wise Guys, subsequently transformed into Bounce, and eventually into Road Show. And we are treated to chapters on his work for television and film and his orphan songs, culled from parodies and special occasions over the years. Filled with behind-the-scenes photographs and illustrations from original manuscripts, and with the same elegant design as the earlier book, Look, I Made A Hat will be devoured by Sondheim's passionate fans today and for years to come.
- Author BiographyStephen Sondheim has written award-winning music and lyrics for theatre, film, and television. He is also the coauthor of the film The Last of Sheila and the play Getting Away with Murder. Sondheim is on the council of the Dramatists Guild of America, having served as its president from 1973 to 1981. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Stephen Sondheim
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication24/11/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, music
- Weight1512 g
- Width212 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.