Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.17Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionNew York has towns that were founded by the British, towns that were founded by the Dutch, towns that were founded by Americans. New York has towns built in grand mountains, towns built on great lakes, towns built on magnificent rivers. New York has towns built on glass, towns built on salt, towns built on corn starch, towns built on lumber, towns built on flour, towns built on cigars, towns built on whaling, towns built on pumps. Heck, New York even has a town built on a mulberry tree. There is better way to see New York towns than on foot. And there is better way to appreciate what you are looking at than with a self-guided walking tour. A walking tour can be many things. Interested in heritage tourism? Looking for an educational day trip for the kids? Need a fun exercise plan? Want to find subjects to take great pictures? Whether you are visiting a new town or just out to look at your own town in a new way, a New York walking tour from walkthetown.com is ready to explore when you are. Each of the 25 walking tours in LOOK UP, NEW YORK! describes a mix of historical, architectural, cultural and ecclesiastical landmarks. Street addresses and step-by-step directions lead the way. A quick primer on identifying architectural styles seen on New York's streets is included. Tours Included: Albany Auburn Batavia Binghamton Buffalo Corning Elmira Hudson Ithaca Jamestown Lockport Kingston Newburgh North Tonawanda Oswego Poughkeepsie Rochester Rome Saratoga Springs Schenectady Seneca Falls Syracuse Troy Utica Watertown So look twice before crossing the street and get out and look up, New York!
- Author BiographyDoug Gelbert has written over 30 guidebooks on such diverse topics as public golf courses, the Civil War, movie filming locations and the best places to hike with your dog. He has written over 300 town walking tours.
- Author(s)Doug Gelbert
- PublisherCruden Bay Books
- Date of Publication09/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCruden Bay Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.