All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe Twin Novae battle had been one of the last of the Idiran war, and one of the most horrific: desperate to avert their inevitable defeat, the Idirans had induced t one but two suns to explode, snuffing out worlds and biospheres teeming with sentient life. They were attacks of incredible proportion -- gigadeathcrimes. But the war ended, and life went on.Now, eight hundred years later, light from the first explosion is about to reach the Masaq' Orbital, home to the Culture's most adventurous and decadent souls. There it will fall upon Masaq's 50 billion inhabitants, gathered to commemorate the deaths of the incent and to reflect, if only for a moment, on what some call the Culture's own complicity in the terrible event.Also journeying to Masaq' is Major Quilan, an emissary from the war-ravaged world of Chel. In the aftermath of the conflict that split his world apart, most believe he has come to Masaq' to bring home Chel's most brilliant star and self-exiled dissident, the hored Composer Ziller.Ziller claims he will do anything to avoid a meeting with Major Quilan, who he suspects has come to murder him. But the Major's true assignment will have far greater consequences than the death of a mere political dissident, as part of a conspiracy more ambitious than even he can kw -- a mission his superiors have buried so deeply in his mind that even he cant remember it.Hailed by SFX magazine as an excellent hopping-on point if you've never read a Banks SF vel before, <i>Look to Windward</i> is an awe-inspiring immersion into the wildly original, vividly realized civilization that Banks calls the Culture.
- Author Biography<b>Iain M. Banks, </b> one of the United Kingdom's most popular authors of science fiction, has written such highly regarded novels as <i>Consider Phlebas, Excession, </i> and <i>Inversions.</i> As Iain Banks he also writes more mainstream fiction, including such novels as <i>The Wasp Factory</i> and <i>A Song of Stone.</i> He lives in Scotland.
- Author(s)Iain M Banks
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.