Looking Forward to Monday Morning: Ideas for Recognition and Appreciation Activities and Fun Things to Do at Work for Educators by Diane Hodges (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.64+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description' Diane Hodges' work is for those amongst us who need to show appreciation but need a helping hand with the practicalities. It has dozens of ideas for activities and rewards and covers a range of settings from formal and informal to days out and celebrations. There is something for everyone from teachers and bosses to friends and lovers - although you will have to use your imagination to make it applicable to your own circumstances. Just don't get carried away and remember that rewards must be of value to the recipient - t what you think the recipient wants! And above all, they must be sincere - thing devalues any reward system faster than cynicism. And the easiest tip from the book is to remember that one of the most powerful ways of showing appreciation is promptly and sincerely saying so! And by being specific about what it is that you like so much' - Nurturing Potential Empower your staff members with a fresh appreciation for their work by nurturing their growth and success! Has Monday morning become a less-than-exciting event for your staff members? Do you wish that you could help them look forward to the new week; that you could provide them with a more tangible appreciation for their efforts? In Looking Forward to Monday Morning, Diane Hodges, a former human resources director and school administrator, shares numerous staff appreciation and recognition activities that can be implemented to promote a positive environment and inspire staff members to look forward to the beginning of each new week. In this insightful text, you will find low-cost, fun ideas that will help staff members: - Experience concrete recognition for hard work and accomplishments - Increase productivity and job longevity - Exercise creativity during meetings, holidays, and lunchtime - Participate in their own success while encouraging the growth and success of others Empower your staff members with a fresh appreciation for their work and transform each day of the week into an opportunity for creativity and fun.
- Author BiographyDiane Hodges is the managing partner of Threshold Group, an educational consulting firm in San Diego. After 30+ years as an educator, she is sharing her insights through books and international speaking events. Her wit and humor have delighted audiences and readers everywhere. She has served as an executive director of career and technical education, director of instructional services, director of human resources, secondary principal, counselor, and instructor. She earned her doctorate from Michigan State University, has received twelve national and state awards, and is a best-selling author of eight books.
- Author(s)Diane Hodges
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.31Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.