All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionA lesbian storyteller meets urban wilderness. Coyote's tales of life as an out dyke on the roads and trails of the North as well as rural America are rich in plainspoken, honest truths. In this third story collection, Ivan E. Coyote focuses her attention on the city: urban life, specifically in the East of Vancouver, as diverse a neighbourhood of all types - old, young, gay, straight, white, black, Asian - communing at local coffee bars over hot rods, the art of skinny-dipping and changes in the weather. Coyote presides over this circus of activities with her cool gaze, whether it's trying to impress the woman with the hot tub next door or showing her mother how to use a cordless drill. This is the world of being out, open and unafraid; it's also in which ghettos - racial, cultural, or defined by sexuality or gender - exist. With the calm, observant eye of a master storyteller, Ivan E. Coyote shows readers how to break free of the rigours of authority and be true to themselves.
- Author BiographyIvan E. Coyote is the author of two previous story collections, Close to Spider Man and One Man's Trash. She was also a member of The Taste This collective, which published the book Boys Like Her. She recently completed a CD of music and spoken word with her band One Trick Rodeo, entitled You're a Nation.
- Author(s)Ivan E. Coyote
- PublisherArsenal Pulp Press
- Date of Publication06/04/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintArsenal Pulp Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight239 g
- Width139 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.