All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionFuente Ovejuna (C.1613) is the most famous and frequently performed play by the creator of Spanish theatre, Lope de Vega (1562-1635). Astonishingly for its period, it celebrates the murder in 1476 of a bleman, the Grand Commander of the Military Order of Calatrava, by the peasants he had oppressed, and their subsequent solidarity under torture. Fuente Ovejuna , however, is less a history lesson or political tract than an optimistic moral fable. Spanish text with facing-page translation, introduction and tes.
- Author BiographyVictor Dixon is Emeritus Professor, Chair of Spanish and Fellow at Trinity College Dublin.
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication12/05/1989
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAris & Phillips Ltd
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight245 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byVictor Dixon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.