All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback, a penetrating study of the life and work of an enigma in the world of theatre and poetry--awarded Choice 's Outstanding Academic Book of the Year upon first publicationLorca's theatre, like that of Strindberg and Tennessee Williams, voices his personal dilemmas, t least his homosexuality. This study of all his plays examines the way in which the dramatist's life was transformed into high art through influences as varied as Surrealism and Greek tragedy. In an attempt to cover as many aspects of Lorca's theatre and the time in which he lived as possible, the book deals t only with the plays themselves but includes material on the social and political character of the 1920s and 1930s, on the cultural background, on Lorca's friendships with Dali and Bunuel, and on the performances of the plays in his lifetime and afterwards.
- Author BiographyGwynne Edwards is the author of The Discreet Art of Luis Bunuel, Flamenco!, and Lorca, Bunuel, Dali.
- Author(s)Gwynne Edwards
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.