All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $13.66Free postage
- AU $14.73Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Lord of the Flies appeared in 1954 it received unprecedented reviews for a first vel. Critics used such phrases as beautifully writeen, tragic and provocative... vivid and enthralling... this beautiful and desperate book... completely convincing and often very frightening... its progress is magnificient... like a fragment of nightmare... a dizzy climax of terror... the terrible spell of this book... E.M. Forster chose it as the Outstanding Novel of the Year. Time and Tide touched upon perhaps the most important facet of this book when it said, It is t only a first-rate adventure but a parable of our times, and articles on this and subsequent Golding vels have stressed these twin aspects of Golding: a consummate control of the vel form, and a superb all-encompassing vision of reality which communicates itself with a power reminiscent of Conrad.
- Author Biography<b>William Golding</b>was born in Cornwall, England, in 1911 and educated at Oxford University. His first book, <i>Poems</i>, was published in 1935. Following a stint in the Royal Navy during World War II, Golding wrote<i>Lord of the Flies</i>while teaching school. It was the first of several works, including the novels<i>Pincher Martin</i>, <i>Free Fall</i>, and<i>The Inheritors</i>and a play, <i>The Brass Butterfly</i>, which led to his being awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1983. <b>Lois Lowry</b>is the two-time Newbery Award winning author of<i>Number the Stars</i>, <i>The Giver Quartet</i>, and numerous other books for young adults. <b>Jennifer Buehler</b>is an associate professor of educational studies at Saint Louis University and President of The Assembly on Literature for Adolescents of the National Council of Teachers of English.
- Author(s)William Golding
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication07/12/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Putnam Inc
- Out-of-print date30/01/2010
- Weight105 g
- Width110 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.68Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.08Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.79Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.