All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.19Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionI knew kids like Ralph and they scared me but ne of them had his heart, his humor, or ultimately his entertaining story. Mitch Albom McNally's writing is so compelling, t to mention funny, that you're often surprised by sudden, more tender moments. Sarah Dessen A serious joy. Richard Russo Every school year was a chance to start all over again, and so while the first seven months of 1978 had sucked, I had high hopes that August would be the beginning of the year t sucking. And because it would be my last year of grade school, I had secretly hoped that eighth grade would be different somehow, that a cute girl from ather state would transfer to my school and fall insanely in love with me . . . Two boys, Hank and Ralph, create moments of outrageous transcendence in this comic vel about adolescence in the 1970s a time, like today, when adults couldn't be trusted and just getting by was hard work. Amid the clatter of Cheap Trick and Styx, CB radios and Creature Features, this vel belts out timeless truths about boyhood, friendship, and redemption. Lord of the Ralphs is a reincarnation of the author's beloved vel for adults, The Book of Ralph, revised and expanded specifically for YA readers.John McNally is the author of three vels, two short story collections, and two books about writing. He is professor and writer-in-residence at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Author BiographyJohn McNally is the author of three novels, two short story collections, and two books about writing. He has edited, co-edited, or guest edited seven anthologies. His stories, essays, and book reviews have appeared in over a hundred publications, including the Washington Post, One Teen Story, and the Sun. He grew up in Burbank, Illinois, a southwest suburb of Chicago, and now lives in Lafayette, Louisiana, where he is Professor and Writer-in-Residence at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Author(s)John McNally
- PublisherLacewing Books
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLacewing Books
- Weight318 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.