All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn the days of reconstruction after the Civil War, a wild strip of land in rthern Louisiana remained unconquered by troops and untamed by the law. This is the story of the fearless veterans--Union and Confederate--who dared to enter this beautiful but hellish valley. . .and finish what the war started. Lords Of An Empty Land Red River Valley, 1869. Hoardes of ex-Confederate soldiers have emerged from the piney hills and mosquito infested swamps of Lousiana backcountry in a final, bloody show of defiance. After a series of violent raids on carpetbaggers, freed slaves, and rthern cargo ships, Captain Douglas Owens of the 4th Calvary is given orders to reclaim this God-forsaken land from its murderous outlaw gangs. By Owens' side is Huff, a former slave, and Basil Dubose, an ex-Rebel gunslinger for hire who answers to man but his paymaster. With each deadly encounter, it becomes clear to Owens that neither the Army r the public is willing to spill blood for the sake of freed slaves. With his options dwindling, the Captain takes a squad of soldiers under his command--in a last desperate bid for freedom and justice that would change the course of history. . .
- Author(s)Randy Denmon
- PublisherKensington Publishing
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPinnacle Books,U.S.
- Weight181 g
- Width107 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.