Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe epic, action-packed and powerful second vel in Conn Iggulden's bestselling Conqueror series, bringing to the story of Genghis Khan brilliantly to life The gathering of the tribes of the Mongols has been a long time in coming but finally, triumphantly, Temujin of the Wolves, Genghis Khan, is given the full accolade of the overall leader and their oaths. Now he can begin to meld all the previously warring people into one army, one nation. But the task Genghis has set himself and them is formidable. He is determined to travel to the land of the long-time enemy, the Chin and attack them there. The distances and terrain-the wide deserts, the impenetrable mountains-make it a difficult venture even for the legendary Mongolian speed of movement, but the greatest problem is that of the complex fortifications, a way of fighting wars of a settled urban population which the madic Mongolians had never come across. Finding ways to tackle that and keeping his tribes together in a strange environment presents ather new and exciting challenge for Genghis Khan. Not only must Genghis succeed in this incredible campaign, but he must also reconcile the restless factions among his own generals, mediate between his ambitious brothers and cope with his own reactions to his growing sons. The young warrior has become a table and victorious military commander of thousands: he must w learn to become a great leader of peoples of many different races and religions. Lords of the Bow is a deeply satisfying vel. It is epic in scope, convincing, and fascinating in the narration of an extraordinary story. Above all Genghis Khan continues to dominate the scene as he matures from the young boy of Wolf of the Plains to the great Conqueror.
- Author BiographyBorn in London, Conn Iggulden read English at London University and worked as a teacher for seven years before becoming a full-time writer. He is the author of the number one bestselling Emperor series and co-author of 'The Dangerous Book for Boys'. Conn Iggulden lives in Hertfordshire with his wife and their children.
- Author(s)Conn Iggulden
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication28/06/2008
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date23/01/2012
- Weight305 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.