All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ottoman Empire has exerted a long, strong pull on Western minds and hearts. For over six hundred years the Empire swelled and declined; rising from a dusty fiefdom in the foothills of Anatolia to a power which ruled over the Danube and the Euphrates with the richest court in Europe. But its decline was prodigious, protracted, and total. Lords of the Horizons charts the Ottoman Empire's swirling history; dramatic, detailed and alive - a journey, and a world all in one.
- Author BiographyJason Godwin is a historian, journalist and travel writer. He has travelled extensively in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia and India; his first book, The Gunpowder Gardens: Travels through India and China in search of Tea, was shortlisted for the Thomas Cook Travel Book Awards, 1991, and his second, On Foot to the Golden Horn: A Walk to Istanbul, was the winner of the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize, 1993. He is also the author of several crime novels, and in 2007 was awarded the Edgar Award for Best Novel for The Janissary Tree.
- Author(s)Jason Goodwin
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/03/1999
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.