All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionMarco Polo Los Angeles: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all of the attractions of Los Angeles with this up-to date and authoritative guide, complete with Insider Tips. Most holidaymakers want to have fun and feel relaxed from the moment they arrive at their holiday destination that's what Marco Polo Guides are all about. Discover hotels and restaurants, check out the city's trendiest places and its various nightlife scenes. There are also tips on shopping as well as details on all the attractions for kids. Further sections include: Festivals & Events, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, and Index. Los Angeles is both diverse and irresistible, where body is quite who he/she might seem. LA lives its cliches quite openly: it is a place where truth and fiction merge into a separate reality. With MARCO POLO Los Angeles you will experience one of the world's most entertaining and exciting destinations. The practical pocket-sized guide leads you through a city of earthquakes and forest fires, queues and smog, race riots and body beautiful under that perpetual blue sky. The Best Of pages highlight what's currently in vogue in Los Angeles, recommend places to go for free, and have tips for rainy days and where you can relax and put your feet up. The Insider Tips show you where Charlie Chaplin and Ernest Hemingway once dined, and reveal where you might spot a living celebrity. Panels in each chapter suggest things to do if you're on a tight budget, while the Where to Start boxes highlight the best places to begin exploring this metropolis. The City Walks lead you into the heart of Downtown and on the trail of the rich and beautiful in Beverley Hills and Hollywood. Excursions from the Trips & Tours chapter take you by ferry to Santa Catalina and by car to Palm Springs and beyond. Last but t least, the Dos and Don'ts explain why you should save that bottle of wine until you get home and why you should always cross the streets at the lights. MARCO POLO Los Angeles provides comprehensive coverage of all areas of the city. To help you find your way around there's the detailed Street Atlas, a public transport map in the cover, plus the pull-out map. A must-have for all travellers, including those who haven't bought a travel guide in the past.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/05/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight259 g
- Width109 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Sheet map
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.