All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionThe Los Angeles Review of Books launched in April of 2011 as a humble Tumblr, with a 2600-word essay by Ben Ehrenreich entitled The Death of the Book. The gesture was meant to be provocative, and to ask a genuine question: Was the book dying? Was the internet killing it? Or were we simply entering a new era, a new publishing ecosystem, where different media could coexist? The LARB website currently publishes a minimum of two rigorously edited pieces a day, and we've cultivated a stable of regular contributors, both eminent (Jane Smiley, Mike Davis, Jonathan Lethem) and emerging (Jenny Hendrix, Colin Dickey, Rachel Kaadzi Ghansah). We've found our way to a certain tone that readers expect and enjoy: looser and more eclectic than our namesakes the New York and London Review of Books, grounded in literature but open to all varieties of cultural experience, far from the New York publishing hothouse atmosphere but t myopically focused on L.A. either. The new LARB print quarterly builds on the best aspects of our flagship online magazine. The long form literary and cultural arts review is alive and well, and w, has a new home in Los Angeles.
- Author BiographyThe Los Angeles Review of Books is a nonprofit, multimedia literary and cultural arts magazine that combines the great American tradition of the serious book review with the evolving technologies of the Web. We are a community of writers, critics, journalists, artists, filmmakers, and scholars dedicated to promoting and disseminating the best that is thought and written, with an enduring commitment to the intellectual rigor, the incisiveness, and the power of the written word.
- PublisherLos Angeles Review of Books
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLos Angeles Review of Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight257 g
- Width190 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byTom Lutz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.