All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- Description- Over 35,000 copies of the english edition sold. - Includes full-color illustrations of the chakras to be used with the meditation exercises in the book and provides the tools necessary to activate these centers of transformative energy. In the ancient science of tantra, the human body is viewed as the most perfect instrument for the expression of consciousness, a perfection realized through the development of psychic centers kwn as chakras. Located within the cerebrospinal system, the chakras are the stage upon which the interaction between higher consciousness and desire is played out. Consequently, it is through understanding and utilizing the energies of the chakras that we ultimately reach an enlightened state of being. In <i>Chakras</i>, Indian scholar and tantra practitioner Harish Johari introduces the classical principles of the chakras as well as their practical application for today. Unlike other books in its field, <i>Chakras</i> provides the tools to activate subtle centers of transformative energy and elevate one's intellectual kwledge to an experience of spiritual growth. Meditating on the beautiful, full-color illustrations of each chakra vitalizes the cerebrospinal centers and harmonizes the entire system both physically and psychically. Explanations of each chakra elaborate on the chakra's connection to elements, colors, sounds, sense and work organs, desires, planets and deities, as well as on behavioral characteristics and particular effects of meditation. For scholars and spiritual aspirants of every level, <i>Chakras</i> is an invaluable, practical source of information and techniques.
- Author BiographyHarish Johari (1934-1999) was a well-known author, scholar, artist, and composer who made it his life's work to introduce the culture of his homeland to the West.
- Author(s)Harish Johari
- PublisherInner Traditions International
- Date of Publication01/08/1995
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Series TitleInner Traditions
- Country of PublicationMexico
- ImprintInner Traditions International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width211 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.