Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of STARGIRL, a powerful vel of a young boy who is like all kids, yet unlike all kids. Loser is unique, a one-off, a touching and powerful book about the pull of individuality over the need to fit in...Donald Zinkoff has a problem. And it isn't just his name. Though, having a name beginning with Z does cause him lots of problems, t least making him last to be called for everything. Donald's main problem is his happiness; his enthusiasm - particularly for school where he arrives early every day. His happiness leads to laughter - loud laughter. It sometimes gets him into trouble at school. It sometimes gives people the wrong impression. His classmates think he is bonkers, a bit of a problem, a loser. But Donald is blissfully unaware of this. He thinks when they cheer and jeer him, that they like him. He thinks when they don't pick him for their team, oh well, maybe tomorrow. Donald is the eternal optimist - a delight. Throughout his school life there are people that recognize his individuality and admire him; two of his teachers; the old lady he 'delivers' mail too; Claudia, the little girl who lives down the road, always on a harness, in case she runs away; The Waiting Man - still waiting after thirty years for his son to return from Vietnam. And most of all, his parents, and sister, Polly, who love him to bits and will always be there to support him.The vel offers snapshots of Donald's life as he progresses through his first year in school, to his graduation to High School. It is warm, witty and wonderful and has the reader reaching for a hanky and shouting 'Go, Donald, go!' simultaneously. With some of his finest writing to date, Jerry Spinelli uses wit and emotion to create this unique vel about a unique person. As with Stargirl and Wringer, the author writes about the power of individuality over the need to fit in; the importance of attitudes to failure and how any name can ultimately be replaced with 'hero'.
- Author BiographyJerry Spinelli's novels are recognized for their humour and poignancy and his characters and situations are often drawn from his real life experiences as the father of six children. He lives with his wife, Eileen, also a writer in Phoenixville, PA, USA.
- Author(s)Jerry Spinelli
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/03/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Weight182 g
- Width97 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Reading AgeFrom 10 To 13
- Interest AgeFrom 10 To 13
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $11.88Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.