Losing Gemma by Lecturer School of African and Asian Studies Katy Gardner (Paperback / softback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of Gemma and me: how I lost her, I suppose. I don't usually tell it to anyone but myself;I save it for the darkest moments. Losing Gemma, Katy's Gardners debut vel about adventure, losing your best friend, and self-discovery, has been translates into twelve languages andcompared to Alex Garland's breakthrough vel, The Beach, among many others. This time, the backpacking heroes are girls. What makes Losing Gemma truly unforgettable, is the read itself; it's an impossibly suspenseful vel that's as gripping as it is psychologically rich. Two young women have gone looking for adventure, backpacking through India but only one returns. The other one believes it's all her fault. And the mystery behind what really happened during their fateful visit to a secluded shrine compels the reader forward to a page-turning conclusion that's shocking, strange, and haunting.
- Author BiographyKaty Gardner is a graduate of Cambridge University, and received a Ph.D. from The London School of Economics. She is currently a senior lecturer in Social Anthropology at the University of Sussex. Losing Gemma is her first novel.
- Author(s)Lecturer School of African and Asian Studies Katy Gardner
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication02/04/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Weight268 g
- Width130 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.