All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>Losing Helen</i> is a moving and inspiring essay that tracks an adult daughter through the many complex phases of grief as she anticipates the inevitable loss of her elderly mother. Finding strength and guidance in the spiritual insights of writers, artists, Western religion, and Eastern philosophies, the narrator undergoes a profound transformation while striving to design an end-of-life experience that is meaningful and sacred t only for her mother but also for herself.
- Author BiographyCarol Becker is Professor of the Arts and Dean of Faculty at Columbia University School of the Arts in New York City. She has written for many print and online publications on varied topics, including the intellectual lives and emotional well-being of women. She is also the author of Zones of Contention: Essays on Art, Institutions, Gender, and Anxiety ; Surpassing the Spectacle: Global Transformations and the Changing Politics of Art ; and Thinking in Place: Art, Action, and Cultural Production. Her recently reissued book The Invisible Drama: Women and the Anxiety of Change has been translated into six languages and is available worldwide.
- Author(s)Carol Becker
- PublisherRed Hen Press
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationPasadena
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Hen Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.