All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b> A provocative, intellectual memoir (<i>USA Today</i>)-from a remarkable new literary voice. </b> Growing up, Thomas Chatterton Williams knew he loved three things in life: his parents, literature, and the intoxicating hip-hop culture that surrounded him. For years, he managed to juggle two disparate lifestyles, keeping it real in his friends' eyes and studying for the SATs under his father's strict tutelage-until it all threatened to spin out of control. Written with remarkable candor and emotional depth, <i>Losing My Cool</i> portrays the allure and danger of hip-hop culture with the authority of a true fan who's lived through it all, while demonstrating the saving grace of literature and the power of the bond between father and son.
- Author BiographyThomas Chatterton Williams holds a Bachelor's degree in philosophy from Georgetown University and a Master's degree from the Cultural Reporting and Criticism program at New York University. In 2007, he wrote an op-ed piece entitled Yes, Blame Hip-Hop for the <i>Washington Post</i> which generated a record-breaking number of comments. He writes for the literary magazine <i>n+1</i> and currently lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Thomas Chatterton Williams
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication26/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight200 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.