All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
About this product
- DescriptionThe protagonist of the book is a single woman, who on reaching the age of thirty is on a mission to figure out her love life that has eluded her all this while. How she discovers herself in the process of finding that one great love is the plot of this vel. Summary Of The Book Kaveri, the protagonist of the vel, is a 29-year-old, who is soon turning 30. She is a single woman who is in search of her true love that has eluded her this far. She is an interpreter by profession and has mastered seven languages. She has read many books on men and how to land a date, yet she struggles to find a perfect partner. Her friend Aditi, who is quite experienced in terms of love and relationships, offers to help her by arranging dates for Kaveri. After a slew of unsuccessful dates, she does finally end up in a relationship, which is kind of ephemeral with the man, but true and eternal with her own self. The plot of the vel progressively moves from Kaveri being a lonely 30-year-old single woman, who is going through the roller coaster ride of a romantic relationship, to her discovering her own individuality. Madhuri Banerjee's debut vel Losing My Virginity And Other Dumb Ideas is a work of fiction that has appealed to many women. It was published in the year 2011. The book records the journey of the female protagonist through her various failed dates until she discovers the need to love herself. Although the title of the vel is conclusive, the book is about discovering and loving one's self, and to be able to understand one's fears and desires. The vel has two complete sequels, and this is Asia's first female trilogy, as quoted by the author to a leading Indian newspaper, The Hindu.
- Author BiographyMadhuri Banerjee is a media professional as well as the author of Losing My Virginity And Other Dumb Ideas. She started her career with content and film production, and has worked for UTV Motion Pictures, Zoom Television and popular Bollywood personalities like Rohan Sippy and Anu Malik. Presently, she is the director of Gray Matter Solution, a production house. Madhuri is passionate about traveling, yoga, and reading. She is an English literature graduate from Delhi University and has done her Master's in Mass Communication from Jamia Milia Islamia. She currently lives in Mumbai, India.
- Author(s)Madhuri Banerjee
- PublisherPenguin Books India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPenguin Books India
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.