Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone faces grief at one point or ather in her or his life. But how to handle it? Here, Elissa Bishop-Becker draws on her own experience to help others with an effective approach kwn as Transformative Bereavement. Walking the reader through the four stages -- Loss, Return, Reconnection, and Creation -- she draws on stories from her clients, friends, and contacts to explain the process of recovery from grief.
- Author BiographyElissa Bishop-Becker's professional journey began with her own grief journey. After experiencing multiple losses, she returned to school and received her M.Ed. (Master of Education) degree from the College of William and Mary in 2000. Along with that piece of paper came a new direction and meaning for her life. Elissa is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), a National Certified Counselor (NCC), a nationally recognized expert in the field of grief and loss, and the co-founder of the Center for Transformative Counseling in Key West, Florida. Among her notable accomplishments are being chosen as the Sophia Fahs Lecturer of 2005 by the Liberal Religious Educators Association, working with the Red Cross to counsel hurricane survivors, and teaching a course on her theory of bereavement as an Adjunct Instructor at Florida Keys Community College. Elissa is also a published poet; devoted wife, mother, and grandmother; spiritual seeker; community and political activist; and explorer of all life puts in her path. The only places you're not likely to find her are in the garden or behind an ironing board. What she is most proud of is having guided many grieving clients through the process, helping them find meaning and fulfillment in their new world.
- Author(s)Elissa Bishop-Becker
- PublisherNew Atlantian Library
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Atlantian Library
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.