All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionDevon's colorful past may still be visible in its street names and pub signs, but in fact much of the region's history has been obliterated through necessity, social change and the demands of the outside world. The traditional occupations of farming, fishing, pottery, copper and tin mining, wool production and quarrying and have all seen change over the past several hundred years. Many of these industries are w lost, replaced instead by ever-expanding tourism. Superbly illustrated with photographs, paintings, maps and etchings from the country's museums and art collections, <i>Lost Devon </i>provides a fascinating insight into Devon's history, as Felicity Goodall explores what little remains of the past and discusses the events which have formed the county as it is today.
- Author BiographyFelicity Goodall is a former foreign correspondent. She covered Norway for The Sunday Times, Business Week and other international publications. She has also worked as a producer for Radio 4, specialising in historical and literary documentaries, and in television, as an assistant producer and scriptwriter. She has written a play for Radio 4, A Change of Heart and is the author of two books, A Question of Conscience and Voices from the Home Front.
- Author(s)Felicity Goodall
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThe Lost Series
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteb/w throughout
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.