All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLost Joy collects the writing that first brought Camden Joy wide attention in the mid-90s, when he wheatpasted his manifestoes around New York, excoriating the music industry and celebrating unsung geniuses of rock and roll. Joy s voiceheartfelt, mocking, lyrical, razor-sharpearned comparisons to the likes of Allen Ginsberg, Patti Smith, and Nick Hornby. Rooted in DIY zine culture, his rants prefigure the unfettered public expression of personal views that would explode with the rise of the Internet, and enact in words what Banksy would later achieve in art. Joy s groundbreaking early fiction, in which his characters often invoke musicians and songs, is also included here. These haunting stories explore the many ways in which we use music to communicate our feelings and make sense of our memories.
- Author BiographyCamden Joy is the author of two novels, The Last Rock Star Book, or: Liz Phair, a Rant and Boy Island ; and three novellas, Hubcap Diamondstar Halo, Palm Tree 13, and Pan (republished in one volume as 3 Novellas ); as well as numerous manifestoes, tracts, and other rants, many of which are included in the collection Lost Joy. Jonathan Lethem is the New York Times best-selling author of nine novels, most recently Dissident Gardens.
- Author(s)Camden Joy
- PublisherVerse Chorus Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVerse Chorus Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byJonathan Lethem
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.