All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNottingham is a city kwn throughout the world because of its historic association with the famous Sherwood Forest, Robin Hood and the Sheriff. It was also the home of major industries; with Nottingham lace, bicycles, and Players' cigarettes table in times past. Today, the city is the vibrant county town of Nottinghamshire, boasts two major universities, world-class theatres, and two professional football clubs. The city also hosts the Nottinghamshire Cricket club at Trent Bridge. The artery of this remarkable city is the River Trent, which runs west to east across the southern lowlands before winding its way to the great Humber Estuary and the North Sea. Along the watercourse, there are ancient meadows and pastures, plus today, great power stations and gravel extraction sites. Some of the latter are w converted, at least in part, into amazingly rich and visitor-friendly nature reserves with the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust. Nottingham is steeped in history, culture and heritage and this is a remarkable journey of discovery for visitors, but also for many residents too. The city is also justifiably kwn for its excellent shopping facilities and abundant eateries and entertainments.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ian D. Rotherham, an international authority on cultural and historical aspects of landscapes, is Reader in Tourism & Environmental Change at Sheffield Hallam University. He works with the BBC Radio 4 History Programme, and has appeared in and advised on many documentaries and news programmes such as Panorama and Horizon.
- Author(s)Ian D. Rotherham
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width246 mm
- Height168 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.