Lost Wisdom: A Celebration of Traditional Knowledge from Foraging and Festivals to Seafring and Smoke Signals by Paul Jenner, Una McGovern (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- Descriptioncooking with a range - counting sheep - curing drunkenness finding water - signalling with semaphore - identifying plants and trees making and taking tea - natural first aid - using an abacus navigating by nature - preparing antidotes to poisoning predicting the sex of a baby - repairing clothes curing warts - weather forecasting Lost Wisdom is a celebration of the time-houred wisdom upon which we all once relied. It draws on folklore, tradition and superstition, and is packed with amusing anecdotes and historical extracts which illuminate the beliefs and kwledge of our ancestors. It brings to life the wisdom and practical skills that helped generation after generation, only becoming lost with the advent of mechanization and the techlogical age. Following in the footsteps of Lost Crafts, Lost Wisdom is a beautiful book that will once more immerse you in the pleasures of the past.
- Author BiographyUna McGovern is a freelance editor and writer, with books on a wide range of subjects to her name. She spent many years making regular forays from Edinburgh to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, before a return to rural Devon brought with it the opportunity to develop an organic kitchen garden, complete with traditional breed chickens. She now lives with her partner in a small Dartmoor town. Paul Jenner is a writer and journalist specializing in lifestyle subjects. He lives with his partner, three horses, two dogs and two sheep in the foothills of the Spanish Pyrenees, where, when he's not working, he enjoys hiking, riding, cycling, sailing, swimming, diving and snowboarding.
- Author(s)Paul Jenner,Una McGovern
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour and b/w photographs
- Weight628 g
- Width147 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.