All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the wisdom of years of study and experience, educator, artist, and mother Amanda Millay Hughes offers a sustained reflection on adolescence, parenting, and the formation of faith. What does it mean to be a parent to an adolescent? How can we help them to draw on the wisdom of elders, as Jesus did in the temple? How can we give our young people the tools they need to form a strong foundation of faith as they face the trials and dangers of modern life? Using Luke's account of Jesus' journey to Jerusalem at age twelve, Hughes weaves a rich tapestry with her own lost and found experience of raising three adolescents, and her years of work with young people. A must-read book for educators, parents, and anyone concerned about the faith formation of our next generation.
- Author BiographyMANDA MILLAY HUGHES is an artist, educator, and writer. Her ministry with and among young people has made her a much-sought speaker addressing issues of adolescent and adult spirituality and Christian formation. She is co-author of the Journey to Adulthood program and The Adult Journey. She is the principal author of the curriculum materials for the FIVE FAITHS PROJECT at the Ackland Art Museum (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) where she serves as the Assistant Project Director. She lives in Durham, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Amanda Millay Hughes
- PublisherCowley Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/01/2002
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCowley Publications,U.S.
- Weight263 g
- Width143 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.