All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes policy translation and its ends, how the concept of translation explains the emergence and (ex-)changes of policy ideas in different places and/or across borders in general, as well as the effectiveness of this concept in analyzing cases of actual policy dissemination. This book discusses these questions on a general theoretical level and within the context of actual policies and laws mainly between South Korea and Germany. South Korea is widely considered a typical example of a reforming country that is on the receiving end of disseminations of policies and ideas from advanced countries. From this point of view, it constitutes a highly interesting case for testing the applicability of the translation approach. The basic idea of this book is to analyze how different actors in different contexts and settings adopt varying interpretations and understandings of an idea, and how well the analytical concept of translation can be utilized for this endeavor.
- Author BiographyEun-Jeung Lee holds a PhD in political science and is Full Professor and Head of the Institute of Korean Studies at Freie Universitat Berlin (Germany). She has published several books in German on Korea and democracy, on Confucianism and its reception since the European enlightenment as well as on Confucianism and capitalism. Hannes B. Mosler holds a PhD in political science and is Assistant Professor at the Graduate School of East Asian Studies with focus on Korean politics at Freie Universitat Berlin. His major research interests are political parties, political systems, constitutional law, and policy decision processes in Korea and comparatively.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication11/02/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleResearch on Korea
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEun-Jeung Lee,Hannes B. Mosler
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.