All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionLost for Words is an invative loss awareness training package designed for teachers and carers supporting children who are experiencing bereavement, be it through death or any other kind of loss. Developed from collaborative multi-agency and multi-professional work with psychologists, educationalists, social workers and nurses, this package is designed for use by trainers over the course of a day, or over several days. It offers trainers and course delegates crucial guidance, soundly underpinned by research carried out with bereaved children and their parents, in schools, and by the Iceberg project at the University of York. Divided into fundamental stand-alone topics, from children's understanding of death and death as taboo to changes in learning and behaviour, these topic areas can be taught separately or together as required. The training is intended to be interactive and includes many group activities. All the required resources are included with the pack, including templates for OHP transparencies, handouts for trainees and a bibliography for further reading. This much-needed training package is an essential resource for teachers, social workers, psychologists and all those caring for and working with children.
- Author BiographyJohn Holland is a chartered educational psychologist with a senior practitioner role in parenting with North Yorkshire County Council. John also has an independent private practice, including being a trainer and consultant in the area of children, bereavement and loss, this after previous roles in education as a special educational needs peripatetic teacher and as an infant teacher and special needs coordinator in schools. Ruth Dance and Carole Stitt work together at Hull City Psychological Service, and, Nic MacManus of the Hull-based Dove House Hospice, they regularly deliver Lost for Words loss awareness training in the area.
- Author(s)Carole Stitt,John Holland,Nick McManus,Ruth Dance
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/01/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight335 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.