All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionViola has always felt like she doesn't belong. With her mother halfway around the world, her sister away at school, and her father as her only friend, she keeps to herself and only dreams of becoming an artist. The last thing a lonely fourteen-year-old girl wants for her birthday is to spend time with an old woman she doesn't even kw. And she certainly doesn't want to travel 544 years back in time to a place she's only read about in books. Armed with Idan, a mysterious pocket watch, she must navigate the perilous city to find a way home before she falls victim to the threats of Lorenzo the Magnificent. For a girl that has a hard time meeting people, Viola manages to befriend the famous artist Leonardo da Vinci and gain the affections of the handsome Giulia de' Medici. To get back home Viola must find her voice and tap into her artistic abilities while she works in an artist's workshop and encounters the enchanting work of some of the Renaissance's most amazing artists.
- Author BiographyI am just one of the many Air Force Brats born in a hot Colorado summer. As I grew up, there was never time to grow roots. Instead I moved across several states and countries along with my parents, two sisters, and brother. In 2005, I moved from Santiago, Chile to Miami, FL where I received my B.A. in Art History from Florida International University and then continued on to secure my Masters degree at the University of Florida. Since then, I have jumped at any opportunity to travel; but more importantly, I have worked towards bringing art history to a broader audience. I am passionate about art as well as history, and hope to revive them in the memories of the present. I try to read novels or scrawled scraps that do more than offer an escape. So as a writer, I aim for that high classical bar that seeps into the reader's everyday life. My muse is art history and objects from the past. Specifically, I try to transform stuffy art history into an enlightening quest through time that takes you along on the hunt for masterpieces. Currently a Miami resident, in my early mornings I squeeze writing and research over a steaming cup of cafe con leche before I hustle off to The Wolfsonian-FIU Museum. There I work as an Educational Programs Coordinator to help create art educational materials for families. Apart from writing, I often drag myself to Crossfit classes. Yet, I am the first one in line to plan impromptu expeditions, take a gelato break, or head to the beach with my umbrella and book in tow.
- Author(s)Maria C Trujillo
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.