All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionLotte Reiniger (1899-1981) is a much loved figure in the early history of animated film. At an early age Reiniger discovered the Chinese art of silhouette puppetry, and made her first silhouettes for a school performance. Growing up during the early years of cinema, she fell in love with the films of Georges Melies and Paul Wegener, and found imaginative ways to adapt the craft of silhouette-making and shadow puppetry to the possibilities of animation. Reiniger elicited marvelous effects of motion from the inflexibility of silhouettes, and even introduced cultural quotations from the works of Charlie Chaplin or Josephine Baker into her magical films. Today she is best remembered for the animation masterpiece The Adventures of Prince Achmed. This book--the first on Reiniger in English--reproduces three of her most beautiful silhouette series: versions of Mozart's Magic Flute and The Marriage of Figaro, and an animal alphabet.
- PublisherErnst Wasmuth Verlag
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintErnst Wasmuth Verlag
- Weight567 g
- Width213 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.