All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLotus Petals in the Sw is the result of outreach across Canada with the goal of bringing together the work of scholars and stories from practitioners, scholar-practitioners, Dharma students, teachers, nuns and laywomen. With pieces covering a vast landscape of experiences, this book is unique in focusing entirely on the voices of Canadian Buddhist Women. CONTRIBUTORS Aryadrishti -- Karma: A Method of Evolution and Escape Heesoon Bai -- Buddhism as a System of Education: Reflections on Life and Self Nicole Belanger -- The Things We Leave Behind Kalsang Dolma -- Who is a Tibetan Buddhist Self-Immolator? Freedom Fighter, Martyr, Terrorist or Bodhisattva? Mavis Fenn -- Sakyadhita Canada: Branching Out Tracy Franz -- Authentic Self Ainslie Greig -- Dharma Decisions: I Don't Kw Until I Kw, and Then I Kw Dianne Harke -- Finding the Kingdom of Happiness Usha Heer -- Why Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Chose Buddhism Jackie Ho -- My Path of Vajrayana Practice Patricia Ivan -- Patterns in Groups Tending Toward the Formation of Cults; Applications to Western Buddhism Jayanta -- Heart of Light: Anagarika Dhammadinna Jayanta -- Women at the Forefront: Pioneering and the Dhamma of Perseverance Natalie Karneef -- Why I Never Felt Beautiful and Now I Do Cecilie Kwiat -- Rediscovering the Gift of the Universal Feminine Through Faith, Scripture and Myth Carole Leslie -- Art Is Not for Control Freaks Erin McCarthy -- Buddhism, Maternity and the Body Julia Milton -- Stumbling Into Fields of Joy: A Biography of Cecilie Kwiat Julia Milton -- I Talk to People Everywhere: An Interview with Cecilie Kwiat Kuya Migue -- Why Do I Feel an Irresistible Urge to Dance? Kuya Migue -- Summer at the Kootenay Hermitage Lynette Genju Monteiro -- Mother-Daughter: Mastering the Art of Losing Each Other Julie Price -- Convergence Bonni Ross -- Giving and Receiving: Why Dharma Teachers Don't Charge Fees Daryl Lynn Ross -- Dissolving the Pain Body; Abiding in the Body of Wisdom Bonnie Ryan Fisher -- Discovering the Three Jewels in Rural Alberta Laura Sugimoto -- Finding My Way on the Eightfold Path Thich Nu Tinh Quang -- My Rebirth as a Bhikkhuni Thuc Cong -- The Front Runner Sarah E. Truman -- The Despondency (Qi Xia Temple): Nanjing and a Visit to the 1000 Smashed Buddha Caves Vimalasara -- Weeds in the Stream This book was produced in the gift ecomy. Contributors donated their works. Profits from online sales are being donated to the Buddhist Compassion Tzu Chi Foundation of Canada and all profits from direct sales support local Dharma activities across Canada. ABOUT THE EDITOR Tanya McGinnity has been interested in Buddhism for a few years (since the latter half of the roaring 90's to be exact), yet it all still feels fresh to her. She has been sharing her experiences of studying and practicing the Dharma on her blog, http: //www.fullcontactenlightenment.com since 2006.
- PublisherSumeru Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSumeru Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byTanya McGinnity
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.