All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating publication presents the roles two men have played in turning a small workshop in nineteenth-century Paris into one of the most successful and recognized brands in the world. Kwn for both craftsmanship and must-have high design, Louis Vuitton the luxury house was started by its eponymous founder in 1854. The first half of this publication traces the invations by Vuitton, who turned the little-kwn guild profession of emballeur (packer) into the foremost luxury trunk maker in Paris, with a clientele that included in his lifetime the French bility as well as the elite of a prosperous empire. Prime and never-before-seen examples of Vuitton s craftsmanship, along with the fashion that went into them, are the highlights of these chapters. The second half of the book examines the role of Marc Jacobs as Louis Vuitton s creative director (since 1997), who took the Louis Vuitton house into a new era with a series of collaborations with artists and designers such as Takashi Murakami, Richard Prince, and Stephen Sprouse as well as designing a line of highly successful and desired clothing for the company. By examining two divergent but often similar careers one hundred years apart, Louis Vuitton / Marc Jacobs is t only a layered study of the evolution of a luxury brand in the past 150 years but also a celebration of technical and design invations in the new century.
- Author BiographyPamela Golbin is the chief curator of twentieth-century and contemporary fashion and textiles at Les Arts Decoratifs in Paris. She is the author of Madeleine Vionnet and Valentino: Themes and Variations.
- Author(s)Pamela Golbin
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note300 Colour Illustration
- Weight2354 g
- Width254 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.