All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplosive race cars that once competed at Le Mans, stately touring cars made for coursing through the European countryside, one-of-a-kind concept cars that represent the cutting edge of design in their day: From Alfa Romeo to Voisin, some of the most magnificent machines and the most extraordinary bodywork in the history of the automobile are gathered on these pages.Louis Vuitton has long paid tribute to automotive excellence and creativity by sponsoring vintage car rallies, concours d'elegance and awards. The outstanding cars houred at those events are celebrated here as masterpieces of the applied arts, with a host of splendid photographs conveying their timeless beauty.
- Author BiographyJournalist and illustrator Serge Bellu was editor of Automobiles Classiques magazine from 1985 to 2007. He has written for numerous design magazines, including Auto & Design, Architectural Digest and Beaux-Arts Magazine. He is also author of many books on the history of the automobile and its design and has taught at several design schools, including the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California and the Institut Francais de la Mode (French Institute of Fashion) in Paris.
- Author(s)Serge Bellu
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Out-of-print date24/12/2009
- Content Notecl / bw / tt illustrations, cl185 / bw65 / tt250 photographs
- Weight2080 g
- Width235 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.