All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionLeading scholars critically explore three leading vels by Louise Erdrich, one of the most important and popular Native American writers working today. Louise Erdrich has shaped the possibilities for Native American, women's and popular fiction in the United States during the late twentieth century. Louise Erdrich collects new essays by ted scholars of Native American Literature on three important vels that chart the trajectory of Erdrich's velistic career, Tracks (1988), The Last Report on the Miracles At Little No Horse (2001) and The Plague of Doves (2007) . This book illuminates Erdrich's multiperspectival representation of Native American culture and history. Focusing on such topics as humor, religion, ethnicity, gender, race, sexuality, trauma, history, and narrative form, the essays collected here offer fresh readings of Erdrich's explorations of Native American identities through her invative fictions. This series offers up-to-date guides to the recent work of major contemporary North American authors. Written by leading scholars in the field, each book presents a range of original interpretations of three key texts published since 1990, showing how the same vel may be interpreted in a number of different ways. These informative, accessible volumes will appeal to advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students, facilitating discussion and supporting close analysis of the most important contemporary American and Canadian fiction.
- Author BiographyDeborah L. Madsen is Professor of American Literature and Culture at the University of Geneva, Switzerland. She has published more than a dozen books on various aspects of literary theory, American studies, feminism, and ethnic literature.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Contemporary North American Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight295 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDeborah L. Madsen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.