All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- Description3,000 years of ideas about the nature of love in Western culture are brought together in this concise history. By blending the works of many scholars and examining the significant lives, works, and movements associated with love, Love: A Brief History Through Western Christianity traces the evolution and impact of this timeless topic. Takes the reader on a lightning but enlightening journey through 3,000 years of the idea of love Examines the influential movements, people, and work that have helped shape our tion of love in Western culture, written by a key figure in religious history Tackles the historical and religious concept in Western society, and our efforts to apply ideas of love to social concerns Explores diverse periods and examples - from the theological and philosophical texts of figures such as Augustine, Luther, and Feuerbach to intellectual movements like Romanticism and tragic historic figures such as Abelard and Heloise Contributes valuable insights into one of history's most inexhaustible and timeless topics, spanning biblical views of love including monasticism and pietism, romantic tions of love, through to today's liberal religion and concept of love as self-fulfillment.
- Author BiographyCarter Lindberg is Professor Emeritus of Church History at Boston University School of Theology. He is the author of numerous books, including A Brief History of Christianity (2005), The Pietist Theologians (2004), The Reformation Theologians (2001), and The European Reformations (1995), all published by Wiley-Blackwell.
- Author(s)Carter Lindberg
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBlackwell Brief Histories of Religion
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight230 g
- Width136 mm
- Height169 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.