Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $90.64
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.52
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionSmart, funny, [and] irreverent...A perfect summer vel. Jonathan Yardley, The Washington Author of Layover New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice It's been a while since I've read a satire as deft and ambitious as Lisa Zeidner's Love Bomb . ... Wildly entertaining. Richard Russo, author of That Old Cape Magic and Empire Falls In quaint Haddonfield, New Jersey, Tess is about to marry Gabe in her childhood home. Her mother, Helen, is panicked about the guest list---which promises warring exes, racial tensions, and way too many psychiatrists. But the most challenging guest is an uninvited one: a woman who shows up in a wedding dress, wearing a gas mask and toting a sawed-off shotgun, with a bomb trigger strapped to her arm. While the warm, wise Helen attempts to control the hysteria, the hostages begin to untangle their connections to their captor, and to one ather. Together, they await the arrival of the SWAT team---and the moment when the terrorist of love reveals her true motives.A tough, tender social comedy and a romance with guts, Love Bomb is written with deep affection for everything it skewers.
- Author BiographyLISA ZEIDNER has published five novels, including the critically acclaimed Layover, and two books of poems. Her stories, reviews, and essays have appeared in The New York Times, Slate, GQ, Tin House, and elsewhere. She directs the M.F.A. program in creative writing at Rutgers University in Camden, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Lisa Zeidner
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Weight236 g
- Width142 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.