Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge and Lisa have been married for six years, and all is t well. Once a loving couple they w find themselves in a bitter and hostile relationship. In an effort to repair their disintegrating marriage they travel to Greece, where an earlier civilization first celebrated the wonders and delights of romantic love. Upon arriving in Athens they are shocked to discover the year is 430 BC. This is the story of a modern couple's adventures among the gods and mortals of ancient Greece. Their sponsor is Aphrodite, goddess of love, who aims to restore their badly damaged relationship. They receive advice from the Delphic Oracle, as well as from ancient intellectuals, including Aesop, Pythagoras, and the wisest mortal of all, Socrates, who advises them that Love Finds a Way. Our intrepid couple face endless dangers as they confront vengeful gods, escape the perilous underworld, and match wits with half the Spartan army in order to survive. In a narrative filled with adventure, romance, and humor George and Lisa search for a way back to the twenty-first century and a more promising future.
- Author(s)Lester Wertheimer
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.