All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the New York Times bestselling Julie James--a smart, sexy vel that brings together a former football star turned prosecutor and a beautiful restaurant executive who's been burned one too many times by romance. For fans of Susan Mallery and Rachel Gibson. HE'S USED TO GETTING WHAT HE WANTS... A former football star and one of Chicago's top prosecutors, Assistant U.S. Attorney Cade Morgan will do anything to nail a corrupt state senator, which means he needs Brooke Parker's help. As general counsel for a restaurant company, she can get a bug to the senator's table at one of her five-star restaurants so the FBI can eavesdrop on him. All Cade has to do is convince Brooke to cooperate--and he's t afraid to use a little charm, or the power of his office, to do just that. AND WHAT HE WANTS IS HERA savvy businesswoman, Brooke kws she needs to play ball with the U.S. Attorney's office--even if it means working with Cade. No doubt there's a sizzling attraction beneath all their sarcastic quips, but Brooke is determined to keep things casual. Cade agrees--until a surprising turn of events throws his life into turmoil, and he realizes that he wants more than just a good time from the one woman with whom he could fall terrifyingly, irresistibly in love. . .
- Author BiographyAfter graduating from the University of Illinois College of Law, Julie James clerked for the United States Court of Appeals in Jacksonville, Florida. She then practiced law with one of the nation's largest law firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. Her books have been included on the American Library Association's Reading List for Top Genre Novels and Booklist's Top 10 Romances of the Year, and featured as a Cosmopolitan magazine Red Hot Read. Julie lives in Chicago with her family, where she is working on her next book.
- Author(s)Julie James
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Weight145 g
- Width116 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $11.88Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.