All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- Description<b>Wonderfully empathic, smartly comic, and wickedly insightful, this captivating debut vel maps the progress of an unforgettable young woman endeavoring to mend a broken heart and find salvation. <i> Hello, my name is Tyler Tracer and I am falling apart. I am twenty-four years old, and I have ability whatsoever to choose an occupation or a hair color. </i></b> Meet Tyler, the singularly irresistible and straight-talking heroine of Sarahbeth Purcell's touching first vel. An incurable romantic, Tyler's chief obsessions include music, list-making -- and David, the man who broke her heart. Despite an exhaustively detailed list of reasons for why she should just forget about David once and for all -- including (but by means limited to) chronic illness, terminal self-absorption, and geographical inaccessibility -- Tyler remains hopelessly hooked on him. Hence the wild ride she embarks upon in the wake of her father's death, a ride that takes her from her hometown in Tennessee to sunny Los Angeles, all in hopes of saving David from his omius take on life. This hilarious and dark cross-country expedition finds our young heroine negotiating the universally perilous terrain of sex, love, and relationships with uncommon verve, wit, and more than a little recklessness. Along the way, Tyler discovers, among other things, the uniquely redemptive powers of roadkill, the fact that enduring love tends to blossom in the most unexpected and unlikeliest places, and, above all, that thing can stop her from making her own rules and mapping out her own life. Not even herself. A joyous triumph of a debut to which readers will respond with a sense of instant recognition, Sarahbeth Purcell's <i>Love Is the Drug</i> spins a story of bold living and loving that crackles with energy and invation.
- Author(s)Sarahbeth Purcell
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWashington Square Press Inc.,N.Y.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight269 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.