Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionNiels Bohr ranks with Einstein among the physicists of the 20th century. He rose to this status through his invention of the quantum theory of the atom and his leadership in its defense and development. He also ranks with Einstein in his humanism and his sense of responsibility to his science and the society that enabled him to create it. Our book presents unpublished excerpts from extensive correspondence between Bohr and his immediate family, and uses it to describe and analyze the psychological and cultural background to his invention. The book also contains a reprinting of the three papers of 1913 - the Trilogy- in which Bohr worked out the provisional basis of a quantum theory of the atom.
- Author BiographyFinn Aaserud is Director of the Niels Bohr Archive, Copenhagen. John L. Heilbron is Professor of History and Vice-Chancellor Emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley, and Honorary Fellow at Worcester College, Oxford.
- Author(s)Finn Aaserud,John L. Heilbron
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note48 b/w illustrations
- Weight734 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.