All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionLove, Loss, and Longing: South Asian Canadian Plays is a collection of six plays from acclaimed and award-winning South Asian Canadian playwrights that explore themes of family, love, trauma, race, and more. Featuring introductions by directors, dramaturgs, and playwrights, each play is contextualized to explain its relevance and importance in the community. The collection includes: Bhopal by Rahul Varma, introduced by Guillermo Verdecchia; Bombay Black by Ash Irani, introduced by Brian Quirt; A Brimful of Asha by Ravi and Asha Jain, introduced by Nicolas Billon; Crash by Pamela Mala Sinha, introduced by Judith Thompson; Pyaasa by Anusree Roy, introduced by Andy McKim; Boys with Cars by Anita Majumdar, introduced by Yvette Nolan.
- Author BiographyDalbir Singh is the associate editor of alt.theatre magazine and has published work in such journals and anthologies as Canadian Theatre Review, Critical Perspectives on Canadian Theatre, Red Light, and She Speaks. His plays have been performed at the Harbourfront Centre, Factory Theatre, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, and on CBC Radio. He is currently a Ph.D. candidate in theatre at the University of Toronto.
- PublisherPlaywrights Canada Press
- Date of Publication17/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPlaywrights Canada Press
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDalbir Singh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.