All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.52
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe 14 short stories collected here, all inspired by real-life events, are about people caught in the unsettling drama of a fast-changing China, about the average person who thrusts forward in life, stubbornly, despite the bewilderment, the setbacks, and sometimes, the stunning blows. Witty, poignant, absurd, and shocking, the stories were originally written in English and have already been published in the United States in a collection titled Red Guard Fantasies and Other Stories. This newly prepared English Chinese bilingual edition is for those brave souls who feel compelled to partake a new venture into a myriad world of jaded entrepreneurs, overzealous cops, karaoke fanatics, dog lovers (and haters), liberated coeds, and frustrated urbanites who move in and out of China's colorful neon-lit cities and dusty rural villages, transitioning from one world to the other. The reward for this venture should be richer than deepened understanding of China and its people.
- Author BiographyA native of Nanjing, Shouhua Qi came to the United States for his doctoral studies in 1989. He is the author of When the Purple Mountain Burns: A Novel, Red Guard Fantasies and Other Stories, Bridging the Pacific: Searching for Cross-Cultural Understanding Between the United States and China, and more than ten other books. Qi is Professor of English at Western Connecticut State University.
- Author(s)Shouhua Qi
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.