Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionA first love shouldn't bloom so fierce, you kw? It shouldn't be like a fist forever clutched around the heart muscle...I didn't realise how bad I had it until he reappeared...Singer-poet Gemma Weekes turns to prose with this dazzling first vel about love, set between London and New York one hot, sticky summer. Eden is locked in a state of mid-twenties adolescence - directionless, insecure and hopelessly obsessed with her first love. When Zed, the object of her affection, swoops into town, 'flash in every line of his body', spitting gangster rap and the most beautiful boy she's ever seen, she kws she must have him back. Paralysed by lust, Eden hangs out at Zed's gigs, squeezes into mini dresses and drops as many hints as a girl can without losing her dignity, but with result.Zed's more interested in Max - a blonde with perfect bone structure and as white as toothpaste. But is Max the real reason these two can't get it together? As the story unfolds, glimpses of their St Lucian relatives and parents reveal that Eden and Zed have some serious history they need to face if they're ever to understand what real love is. Gemma Weekes has a way with language that puts all the music, sweat, colour and raw emotion of a city night directly on to the page. Her dialogue fizzes with the spoken word, her character are intensely real. From Eden's Bible-bashing father to her mystical Aunt K and her rocker boyfriend Spanish, who smoulders with Black Pride, from Hackney to Brooklyn, Weekes brings to life a world of cross-cultural relationships, passion and pain that zings with life and reveals her to be a major new talent.
- Author BiographyBorn in the East End of London in 1978, Gemma Weekes has lived in England and St Lucia. She had her first short story published when she was seventeen and has since made a name for herself as a poet, short story writer and musician, performing her vocals under the name of Goldyroxx. www.myspace.com/goldyroxx.
- Author(s)Gemma Weekes
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChatto & Windus
- Weight365 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.