All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe departure point for this book is an antique saying: life is complete unless love, poverty and war have been experienced. In 'Love', Christopher Hitchens celebrates the work of Joyce, Proust and Borges. 'Poverty' includes a series of devastating assessments of Michael Moore and the cult of the Kennedys. The book's final section, 'War', contains biting reportage from North Korea, Pakistan and Iraq.
- Author BiographyChristopher Hitchens is a contributing editor to Vanity Fair and Visiting Professor in liberal studies at the New School in New York. He was named one of the world's 'Top 100 Public Intellectuals' by Foreign Policy and Prospect. His books include Love, Poverty & War and Blood, Class & Empire. Thomas Paine's Rights of Man and God Is Not Great were published by Atlantic Books.
- Author(s)Christopher Hitchens
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication10/08/2006
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight462 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.