Love & Respect in the Family: The Respect Parents Desire; the Love Children Need by Emerson Eggerichs (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.92+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren need love. Parents need respect. It is as simple and complex as that! When frustrated with an unresponsive child, a parent doesn't declare, You don't love me. Instead the parent asserts, You are being disrespectful right w. A parent needs to feel respected, especially during conflicts. When upset a child does t whine, You don't respect me. Instead, a child pouts, You don't love me. A child needs to feel loved, especially during disputes. But here's the rub: An unloved child (or teen) negatively reacts in a way that feels disrespectful to a parent. A disrespected parent negatively reacts in a way that feels unloving to the child. This dynamic gives birth to the FAMILY CRAZY CYCLE. So how is one to break out of this cycle? Best-selling author Emerson Eggerichs has studied the family dynamic for more than 30 years, having his Ph.D. in Child and Family Ecology. As a senior pastor for nearly two decades, Eggerichs builds on a foundation of strong biblical principles, walking the reader through an entirely new way to approach the family dynamic. For instance, God reveals ways to defuse the craziness with our children from preschooler to teen, plus how to motivate them to obey and how to deal with them when they don't. In the Bible, God has spoken specifically to parents on how to parent. This book is about that revelation.
- Author BiographyAs a researcher, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, who has a PhD in child and family ecology from Michigan State University, garnered the testimonies of thousands of mothers following the release of his New York Times Bestseller, Love & Respect. These moms consistently reported they applied the respect side of the message to their sons with significant effects. Emerson and his wife, Sarah, present the Love and Respect Marriage and Parenting Conferences across the country. Emerson has also spoken to groups from the NFL, NBA, PGA, Navy Seals, and members of congress. He was the senior pastor of Trinity Church in East Lansing, MI for almost twenty years. He and Sarah have been married since 1973 and have three adult children. Emerson also has a BA in Biblical Studies from Wheaton College, an MA in communication from Wheaton College Graduate School, and an MDiv from the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)Emerson Eggerichs
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight389 g
- Width149 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.