All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are the motivations and desires behind relationship choices and sexual behaviour? Are they very different for those with Asperger Syndrome (AS) than for anyone else? Does having extreme sensitivity to physical touch or an above average need for solitude change one's expectation of relationships or sexual experience? Many people on the autism spectrum have limited kwledge of how to establish or conduct sexual relationships: drawing on extensive research with people on the autism spectrum, the book openly explores such questions. For the first time people with AS discuss their desires, needs and preferences in their own words. AS attitudes to issues such as gender, sexual identity and infidelity are included, as well as positive advice for developing relationships and exploring options and choices for sexual pleasure. This accessible book is an invaluable source of information and support for those with Asperger Syndrome and couples in which one or both partners has Asperger Syndrome, as well as counsellors and health and social care professionals.
- Author BiographySarah Hendrickx works as a freelance trainer and consultant in autistic spectrum conditions through her own consultancy, Hendrickx Associates. She provides professional training, Expert Witness and employment consultancy to organisations and coaching to individuals, families and couples. She is the author of several books on Asperger syndrome published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers as well as the co-author of Asperger Syndrome - A Love Story written with her partner Keith, who has been diagnosed with AS.
- Author(s)Sarah Hendrickx
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication12/02/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight217 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byStephen Shore
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.