CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionA striking follow-up to her successful first book, Heirloom Embroidery, which focuses on traditional embroidery passed down through generations, Love Stitching takes a more modern approach, with the use of bright colours and strong shapes in a series of graphic, bold designs. Capturing a mix of stalgia, romance, patriotism, exuberance and celebration, the funky pop art feel of the Love Stitching collection will inspire homemakers of all ages to get stitching. Inspired by some of Jan's favourite things, the projects are arranged in five thematic chapters: 'Love & Hearts', 'In the Country', 'Flying the Flag', and 'Beside the Sea'. Suitable for beginners and established embroiderers alike, the projects are easy to re-create, with step-by-step instructions, design templates and clear explanations of techniques and stitches used. Using a mixture of colourful wool felts, and both plain and gingham cottons and linens, the stunning designs in Love Stitching will be a welcome addition to any home, whether it's modern, traditional or country in style.
- Author BiographyJan Constantine spent her early career as a successful fashion designer in London before moving to the Cheshire countryside to build a career in interior design and raise two daughters with her husband David. Her homes have been featured in many prestigious magazines and he has appeared on several television makeover programmes. Jan has also worked as a stylist on various advertising campaigns and on magazines such as Italian Vogue and W. In 2002 Jan launched her hand-embroidery business, creating an exquisite range of original designs for textiles and home accessories, hand-worked on high-quality natural cottons, linens, wools and silks. In just a few years it grew from a cottage industry, with friends sewing round her kitchen table, to an established brand selling through its own website (www.janconstantine.com), as well as supplying Harrods, Liberty of London, Selfridges, Fortnum & Mason and John Lewis in the UK, Bergdorf Goodman in New York, and several independent shops around the world. Jan's first book, Heirloom Embroidery, was published by Jacqui Small in 2008, her second book Love Stitching was published in 2011. Jan has been appointed the official licensee for hand-embroidered textiles by LOCOG for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and is also now licensing her brand to include many different product lines. Her collections now include stationery, china, greetings cards, gift wrap, kitchen textiles, cook ware, scented candles, bed linen and a home ware collection in collaboration with House of Fraser stores.
- Author(s)Jan Constantine
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication25/07/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.