Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- Description2010. Belfast seems quiet, but unrest is simmering beneath the tranquil surface. Several dissident republican movements are harbouring resentment since the IRA's disarmament and the most dangerous is a group calling themselves Freedom for Ireland. The British Prime Minister is worried that the fragile peace accord could be shattered if unrest is allowed to burgeon and calls in his top security advisors. A covert operation is set in place, three members of the SAS are recruited and after ten months of blending into the Belfast community, they are activated. James Fitzpatrick, grandson of a murdered RUC Chief Constable, chooses the wrong time for a holiday in Ireland. Freedom for Ireland waste time seizing a valuable bargaining tool and kidnap the young man without a hitch, negotiations for terms of his release begin. But one of the kidnappers has a change of heart seeing the brutal and sadistic treatment of James. Unexpected events lead to a cocktail of mixed emotions and loyalties that explode in a last minute bloodbath.
- Author(s)Michael Pakenham
- Date of Publication11/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.