Love and Lies: And Why You Can't Have One Without the Other by Clancy Martin (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionIs it possible to love well without lying? Love should lead us to the truth, about ourselves and about those we love, shouldn't it? But in the real world we find that love and lies often work hand in hand, and that it may be difficult to sustain love without illusions or even deception. Ranging widely across philosophy, his own experience, neuroscience, psychoanalysis, and many writers on love, Clancy Martin - divorced twice and married three times - explores how love, truthfulness and deception work together.
- Author BiographyA former owner of a variety of jewellery operations in Texas, Clancy Martin is presently an Associate Professor and Chair of Philosophy at the University of Missouri in Kansas City. He has translated Kierkegaard and Nietzsche, has written several books for Oxford University Press, and has published many essays, reviews and short stories. He is the author of the acclaimed novel How to Sell. He is married and has three daughters.
- Author(s)Clancy Martin
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date16/05/2017
- Weight453 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.